Margarita & Salsa Contests Information Sheet
Buda’s Original Margarita & Salsa Festival will be here soon! We are cordially inviting you to partner with Willie’s Joint Bar & BBQ in bringing to Buda an event that will be the best yet! This event is set for Saturday, November 11, 2017, at Willie’s Joint in Uptown Buda, TX. Salsa tasting is free to the general public and margarita tasting wooden coins will be sold 5 for $10. Please join us as we see who has the best margaritas and salsa in town.
DATE: Saturday, November 11th
ENTRIES & REGISTRATION: $10 Individual / $30 Restaurant Plus Product Cost
ENTRY DEADLINE: Sunday, November 5th
TIME: Set-up from 2 – 5 p.m. Judging begins at 5:30 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m.
PLACE: 824 Main st, Buda TX, 78610 – Willie’s Joint
AWARDS: People’s Choice and Judges’ Choice for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be presented to the best margarita and best salsa for restaurants and individual entries
RESTAURANTS: Each participant should provide at least 5 gallons of their margarita entry and/or at least 3 gallons of salsa.
Materials provided for 1 entry: 10x10 space for tent, liquor for margaritas you purchase through Willie’s Joint, and serving boats and chips for salsa. If you enter a margarita and a salsa, that counts as two entries and they will be at separate tables.
*ALL SALSA MUST BE PREPARED BEFORE ARRIVING TO THE EVENT IN A CERTIFIED KITCHEN!
*ALL MARGARITAS MUST BE MADE ON SITE!
INDIVIDUALS: Each participant should provide at least 5 gallons of their margarita entry.
Materials provided for 1 entry: 10x10 space for tent and liquor for margaritas you purchase through Willie’s Joint.
*ALL MARGARITAS MUST BE MADE ON SITE!
*ALL SALSA MUST BE MADE ON SITE!
Contest Rules General
· You will receive your t-shirts and general admission tickets at check-in.
· You are encouraged to decorate your booth!
· At least 2 people are needed to serve for each entry. Restaurants only: Volunteers may be provided for you if help is needed. Must be TABC certified to serve margaritas. TABC Certificate must be presented at check-in.
· All participants must unload and park off site to leave room for customers to park
· 2 Divisions: Restaurant and Individual. The following applies to both Restaurants and Individuals
· Must provide 5 gallons of margarita mix
· All margaritas must be mixed on site
· The margarita served to the public will be the margarita that is judged
· All contest participants will enter during the contest set-up time. (Set-up begins at 2 p.m. Judging begins at 5:30 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m.)
· All items being used to make margaritas must be sealed and will be checked at the door to assure NO additional alcohol is being brought in other containers
· Tequila and Triple Sec will be provided to you at check in. You must purchase all liquor through Willie’s Joint.
Contact Brandi, email@example.com for pricing and ordering.
· You may bring a machine for frozen drinks. If you need electricity, please contact Brandi, firstname.lastname@example.org, in advance. You are responsible for providing your own extension cord.
· Wooden coins will be sold to the public 5 for $10. Only coins can be redeemed for drink samples.
· All people working in participant booths serving alcoholic beverages must have TABC certification.
· Two Divisions: Restaurant and Individual
· Must provide 3 gallons of salsa. Chips and serving items will be provided
· All salsa from restaurants must be prepared before arriving to the event in a certified kitchen. Copy of certificate is required. All salsa from individuals must be prepared on site.
· The salsa served to the public will be the salsa that is judged
· Multiple salsas from one restaurant are allowed. Will count as multiple entries and can have multiple tables.